Re: [Hampshire] DVD Write Errors (th:0261d79b )

Author: Jonathan Hudson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD Write Errors (th:0261d79b )
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:40:49 +0000
David Webb <david.webb@???> wrote:

> :-( unable to TEST UNIT READY: Input/output error
> :-? the LUN appears to be stuck writing LBA=310h, retry in 94ms
> :-[ WRITE@LBA=c60h failed with SK=4h/ASC=08h/ACQ=03h]: Input/output
> error :-( write failed: Input/output error

Recently (pre xmas), my previously reliable NEC 2500A gave the same or
similar errors on a new batch on TDK media. After some googling, as a
last resort, I flashed it to newer, non-vendor, firmware. Since then
it's worked perfectly (it will alleged now even write these new-fangled
dual-layer disks as well, but I haven't tried that.

-jonathan