[Hampshire] [OT] Wireless bridge that works

Author: Mat Grove
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Wireless bridge that works

I have been looking for a wireless bridge to replace a cable that runs
from my access point in the lounge to the loft (where the computers are
at).

I found that the Netgear WGPS606 print server [0] works perfectly as a
bridge. Googling did not show me anything concrete so I'm just archiving
this knowledge.

The device works fine with Linux and can be completely configured via
the web interface. It gives you a 4 port switch which I am using to
bridge my 802.11G wireless network. I have a PC in the lounge connected
by Ethernet to the access point and the bridge in the loft plugged into
a normal Ethernet switch with the rest of the computers. The bridge is
doing exactly the same job that a long cable was doing.

Hope this helps someone at some point.

Mat

http://www.netgear.co.uk/wireless_print_server_wgps606.php