Re: [Hampshire] Deaf LUG

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Deaf LUG

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5784d100.hantslug.org.uk.11154': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jan 17 11:05:00 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 10:45:18AM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> p.s. It may be advantageous to create 'advert' copy giving a brief over
> view of the group and posting to the various LUGs (after checking it is
> OK on each one). As relevant local jobs are oftenn accepted by lug
> mailing lists I would hope your advert would be welcomed pretty much
> everywhere.

The "definitive" way of reaching as many LUGs as possible is to
send mail either to lugmaster@??? (to which you will be signed
up when your LUG is created), or to use the form at [1], from where it
will be passed to the lugmasters. They then can make the decision
whether to pass the information on to their LUGs or not.

Obviously, if you're a member of a LUG's mailing list, then you
will already know that group's policies on advertisement/promotional
material, and can post directly. (And, personally, I can't really see
any LUG listmaster objecting to information of this kind).

Hugo.

[1] http://www.lug.org.uk/contacts.php

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
       --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 4: Future Perfect ---