Re: [Hampshire] Caveat: Ubuntu Edgy and nss-ldap

Author: Brian Chivers
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Caveat: Ubuntu Edgy and nss-ldap
Vic wrote:
>> it's a shame it doesn't have a port of the authconfig tool
>> like RH Clones & Suse have as this makes it so easy :-)
>
> Got any tips on that?
>
> I'm about to have to tie some Linux[1] machines into a Win2003 AD
> environment. authconfig looks incredibly easy - but I don't want to cock
> it up with overconfidence :-)
>
> Vic.
>

> [1] WBEL4, as usual...

Have a look at this link

http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/

It's for the script that I use to install our main PDC with a LDAP backend but now it's got the
option to install ldapclients so this might help.

You could also look / ask on the k12ltsp mailing list I think there are a few people authenticating
against AD on there..

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College