Re: [Hampshire] Linux, ViviCam 3830S and photoediting softwa…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux, ViviCam 3830S and photoediting software
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:39:37 +0000
David Rozzell <hantslug@???> wrote:

> I find Digikam is good for photo management, easy to get on with
> (even my mother uses it without supervision :) ) & I use The Gimp
> for image manipulation, it's a very good tool IMHO

Considering all the nice things said about digikam I thought about
installing it BUT 'dependencies' require me to install 83 packages
including things I'll never use and do not want like kmail and
konqueror, kdesktop and other kjunk.

and why the h**l does it need exim4, procmail & cdparanoia

digikam will _not_ get installed on my system no matter how good it
is.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application