Re: [Hampshire] Linux, ViviCam 3830S and photoediting softwa…

Author: David Rozzell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux, ViviCam 3830S and photoediting software
On Friday 19 January 2007 17:52, hantslug@??? wrote:
> The chap also wants me to include some photoediting software. This is an
> area about which I know zilch. Again, I have Googled and looked over my
> own software. The current Linux Magazine is featuring photoeditors and
> image manipulators. But I know so little about the subject that I would be
> grateful for some subjective advice. What programs do you lot like? He is
> only at beginning amateur level, so will not be another Stephen Davies, nor
> have requirements as exacting as I suspect Stephen's to be.
>
> TIA
> Lisi

I find Digikam is good for photo management, easy to get on with (even my
mother uses it without supervision :) ) & I use The Gimp for image
manipulation, it's a very good tool IMHO

HTH

David
--
"We live in a political world. Flags flying into the breeze. Comes out of the
blue - moves towards you - like a knife cutting through cheese." Bob Dylan