Re: [hampshire] Spoofed from address for emails

Author: Mat Grove
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [hampshire] Spoofed from address for emails
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:02:39 +0000 (GMT)
Gordon Scott <gordon@???> wrote:

> For a long time I tolerated it because I felt I should never reject
> without an explanation. I had to give up; There is only me here and I
> already manually delete a couple or two hundred spam a day that get
> through. Goodness knows how much real mail fails to get through, I no
> longer have a means to tell. I'm reaching the point where I'm really
> beginning to wonder if e-mail still has value. Almost alll I ever do
> now is delete the stuff. Practically useless :-(

If it's personal email change your address. I did that 3 years ago or so
and am only just starting to get spam again - not enough to even run
spam assassin yet.

I went from me@??? to mjeg@??? and wrote
a script to allow email from known addresses to the old address for a
while, then I just deleted it.

Mat