Re: [Hampshire] Feb 10 TechTalks Videos?

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Feb 10 TechTalks Videos?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x578fb100.hantslug.org.uk.13070': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Feb 21 22:27:10 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Jim Kissel wrote:

> The odd thing is, the WMV's for HantsLug are mute, where as I downloaded
> several demo WMV's from the Internet and they play correctly with sound.
>    There is a difference between the two sets of files.  I don't know
> what that difference is, but I'm going to try to find out.  Any hints
> would be appreciated such as how the WMV's for tech talk were produced.

They probably don't use MP3 for the audio, perhaps using WMA instead. I
did look at using WMA for the audio on the LUG talk videos, but ffmpeg
can't encode to WMA, only decode. As it is I had to recompile ffmpeg to
support MP3. I'm not sure it *can* be compiled with support for WMA.

The notes I use to remind myself what I did last time are here:

http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/cgi-local/wiki.pl?UsefulNotes/LugTalkVideos

HTH,

Tony