Re: [Hampshire] "seeing" a USB printer on a network.

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "seeing" a USB printer on a network.

>> Before I give up on CUPS and Samba, can I just confirm that this
>> should at least be doable please?
>>
>> cheers
>> Mike
>>
> Yes, I do this all the time in both directions.
>
> Try smb4k to browse the network. I take it the printer is set as
> shared on its PC?
>
> ATB, Peter

Hi there. The share is showing up in smb4k (cool app) and seems to
mount. however, when I connect to the printer in cups using:

smb://mshome/trillian/brother

i get

Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

plenty on google about this but too tired to investigate tonight. In
the meantime, what is the syntax for your printer entry in cups please?
(assuming you are using cups)

TIA
Mike