[Hampshire] Whats my size??

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire List
Subject: [Hampshire] Whats my size??

First the simple bit, whats the command from the command line to tell me what
a folder size is complete with all sub folder and files etc. (i don't mean
individaul folder sizes but the whole home folder as one figure)

The reason I ask, I run KDE, if I open konqueror in (file mode) and if I right
click on my home folder (/home), it will tell me it is 5.1gb in size.

But at the bottom of the same window it tells me that I have 93.2gb free out
of 103.9gb 11% used which is about 10.7gb difference (my home folder is on
its own partiton (hda6)), so if my home folder is 5.1gb in size where the
other 5.6gb gone???

Tim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html