[Hampshire] [OT] Failed internet connection from Windows on …

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Failed internet connection from Windows on dual boot computer
I have a dual boot computer with both OSs on different partitions on the same
drive.

Linux connects effortlessly with the internet and with everything else.

Windows connects to some of the network but not all and not the internet. I
have tried pinging. I can (from Windows) ping the gateway and another
computer on the network . I cannot ping the third of those turned on (which
I can ping from elsewhere on the network), and I cannot ping the internet,
even by IP.

Network connections shows the status of the connection as "connected". Well
it is. It can ping part of it.

I am completely flummoxed, as is the OU computer helpline. I need to connect
- briefly - to download the flashplayer extension (?add-on?) for Firefox, so
that Firefox can browse the software.

TIA
Lisi