Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57038100.hantslug.org.uk.17746': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Mar 24 16:23:09 2007 GMT
gpg: using RSA key ED1319F325A97448
hantslug@??? wrote:
> On Saturday 24 Mar 2007 13:22, Rob Smith wrote:

>> Well as a first attempt I've made a quick template:
>>
>> http://bob-lad.org/download/HantsLUG-template.odp
>>
>> Works best in openoffice.org-impress, but I believe other presentation
>> packages are available ;)
>
> Thanks, Rob. But may I make 2 comments? The background is not flat and
> uniform and would be tiring and difficult to read from (<quote> No text over
> a background image or pattern: plain background</quote>).

Umm, yes. It is. It's black. There's a thin blue line at the bottom,
which is a long way away from any text.

> I'm afraid for
> those of us who are visually challenged plain means plain. Also the
> background is too pale. (<quote> Black or dark background</quote>) I'm
> afraid that dark really has to mean dark.

Again, it's black. You don't get darker than black.

> The idea is maximum contrast.
> That is one of the reasons why I personally prefer black on white - it is
> less open to adaptation by the able-eyed brigade.

Well, Adam's recommendations are black on yellow and that's what the
template has.

Tony