Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Saturday 24 Mar 2007 16:23, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> hantslug@??? wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 Mar 2007 13:22, Rob Smith wrote:
> >> Well as a first attempt I've made a quick template:
> >>
> >> http://bob-lad.org/download/HantsLUG-template.odp
> >>
> >> Works best in openoffice.org-impress, but I believe other presentation
> >> packages are available ;)
> >
> > Thanks, Rob. But may I make 2 comments? The background is not flat and
> > uniform and would be tiring and difficult to read from (<quote> No text
> > over a background image or pattern: plain background</quote>).
>
> Umm, yes. It is. It's black. There's a thin blue line at the bottom,
> which is a long way away from any text.

We must be seeing the file differently. It comes out on my screen as white on
a variegated mid to pale blue background.

> > I'm afraid for
> > those of us who are visually challenged plain means plain. Also the
> > background is too pale. (<quote> Black or dark background</quote>) I'm
> > afraid that dark really has to mean dark.
>
> Again, it's black. You don't get darker than black.

See above.

Adam actually said:
<quote> * Black or dark background
* Pale and/or yellow text </quote>

i.e. yellow on black. A dark background with pale text. As it comes out on
my screen, the template actually has pale text - white, in fact. But the
background is not dark. Clearly, reproduction of this is not uniform,
perhaps because odp is till a relatively new format. I opened it in OOo,
which may have some bearing on what I was seeing.

Lisi