Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Graeme Hilton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
hantslug@??? wrote:
> On Saturday 24 Mar 2007 13:22, Rob Smith wrote:
> Thanks, Rob. But may I make 2 comments? The background is not flat and
> uniform and would be tiring and difficult to read from (<quote> No text over
> a background image or pattern: plain background</quote>). I'm afraid for
> those of us who are visually challenged plain means plain. Also the
> background is too pale. (<quote> Black or dark background</quote>) I'm
> afraid that dark really has to mean dark. The idea is maximum contrast.
> That is one of the reasons why I personally prefer black on white - it is
> less open to adaptation by the able-eyed brigade.

I think you've only looked at the first slide, not the "Section Title"
slide and what I would call the "Body" slide template. The body slide
has a completely flat black background with white text. The title is a
Sans-Serif font (in pale yellow) and the bullet points are a Serif font.

> But I am very grateful that this is being taken so seriously.

As it should. I can't remember the number of times I've been in a
meeting and someone has put up a slide that is totally incomprehensible
from a distance of 3 metres, and I don't have any vision problems beyond
weak reading glasses.

--
Graeme Hilton