Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Rem…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Remove or not.))
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:55:29 +0000
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> > > www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html
> >
> > I opened the above in Opera and saved the page as
> > johnsnotes.html (which seems to be the way to get TiddlyWiki). I
> > can make amendments but cannot save them in Opera as I get this
> > error message:
> >
> > "It's not possible to save changes. This could be because your
> > browser doesn't support saving (instead, use FireFox if you can),
> > or because the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal
> > characters"
>
> I used wget to grab the page to my local machine to work around this
> issue.

am I correct in thinking you mean

"wget www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html"

> Then I opened it in firefox. I suspect if you do that in opera it
> will work for you too.

If so it makes no difference, I still get the same errors. Nothing is
saved in Opera and with iceweasel my edits get saved but I get
multiple tabs opened all with the same error message as previously
stated.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application