Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu rtc on UTC?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu rtc on UTC?
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Gordon Scott wrote:

> > try running tzconfig as root.
>
> That didn't fix it but might have given the clue. I'll set the hardware
> clock manually and see if it does "the right thing"(TM) in October.

Even that alone didn't fix it .. I also had to do some messing about
with hwclock's --systohc and --hctosys options to get everything
unanimously to agree and stay on the right settings at reboot.

I guess something somewhere on the system is too clever by half and was
undoing my manual changes.

Now to see if it stays locked to UTC and changes in October.

What a ridiculous waste of time!

Thanks for the the help guys.

Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.