Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Tuesday 27 Mar 2007 03:58, Mike Burrows wrote:

> > > Hi Rob. I think I'm missing something here. This .odp file keeps
> > > opening in writer even when I try and load it from impress. Tried to
> > > insert it and that didn't work either.
> >
> > What version of OO.o are you using. AIUI OO.o 2.x will open odp files,
> > but OO.o version 1.x may not.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Al.
>
> Just tried to update to a 2.x version of Openoffice.org but the best I can
> do is
>
> Get:1 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main openoffice.org
> 1.1.3-9sarge6
>
> am I missing a mirror from my sources list perchance?
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main
>
> TIA
> Mike

Mike -

You need to use a backport to get OOo 2 in sarge.

Add the following to your sources list. (With your choice of mirror).
Uncomment out the deb line.

# DEBIAN BACKPORTS
# deb http://www.backports.org/debian sarge-backports main contrib non-free

Run aptitude update or apt-get update.

Then install with the following command (mutatis mutandis):

aptitude -t sarge-backports install abiword

Now re-edit your sources list and comment out the backports deb line.

HTH
Lisi