Re: [Hampshire] LinkSys WRT54GL Router

Author: Chris. Aubrey-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LinkSys WRT54GL Router
Thanks for that: it was a useful check. My setup is practically identical,
but it still doesn't work....

Can anyone answer my general question:

> > The setup routine is a mystery: why, for example, does a router
> operating

Perhaps this could have been better expressed as "why does such a router
(which has no other function, so far as I'm aware) have options for entering
detailed information relating to what's happening on the far side of the
bridge, beyond its territory, and is therefore none of its darned business?"

I'm sorry if this proves to be a naive question, but I'd really like to
know!

CAS