[Hampshire] Unbranded graphics cards

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Unbranded graphics cards
Hi all

I need some information quickly - thought this list would be the best way.

As with another recent post, I want to upgrade my graphics card to dual head - found some absolutely brilliant software (ZoomTech) for blind people like me. Is it _always_ a mistake to buy unbranded graphics cards?

For example, Maplin have an Inno3D GeForce 6200 for £40
Novatech have a Novatech GeForce FX5500 for £32.50

I've never heard of Inno3D and don't necessarily trust Novatech's own brand (despite the 5 glowing reviews on their website). Am I being too picky and should just accept these as good deals - or should I pay more for a manufacturer I've heard of?

All this is based on the premise that the manufacturer's as important as the chipset - is that right?

Thanks as always

Cheers
Rob