Re: [Hampshire] Ecological computing choice?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] Ecological computing choice? [OT] Disks
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ecological computing choice?
On 12/04/07, Bob Dunlop <bob.dunlop@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 11 at 11:24, Gordon Scott wrote:
> > I'd been thinking of buying a small ITX system, preferable fan-free,
> > for a reasonable minimal ecological footprint and minimal noise.
>
> Using a modern 2.5" laptop drive will also save power 4W vs a 3.5"
> drives 11W typical figures.

Straying towards OT here, but I'd have some concerns about reliability
running one of these 24/7. Our work tried deploying a couple of mini
ITX boxes with 2.5" drives and they both had to be recalled after
throwing disk errors. Maybe we were just unlucky though.