Re: [Hampshire] BBC Radio 4 - Open source

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] BBC Radio 4 - Open source

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57466100.hantslug.org.uk.31627': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 13 20:50:21 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Friday 13 April 2007 18:53, Tony Whitmore wrote:

> I am lead to believe by a BBC engineer who works with Dirac that there
> were sound technical reasons for dropping the OGG streaming trials as
> the OGG format developers were unable to fix some major performance
> issues at the time.

I'm lead to believe by former BBC employees, that the BBC was shafted by
management and some multi-media firm the BBC was conned into buying.

They were happily doing their stuff, when the clueless pointy hair types took
decisions that the rest of us have to carry the can for. It is also possible
that the people I know are bitter - many good technical people lost their
jobs and many fine people resigned as moral dropped to an all time low.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
    -- Napoleon Bonaparte