Re: [Hampshire] Deaf Lug its problems

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Deaf Lug its problems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56fa5100.hantslug.org.uk.15555': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Apr 24 17:32:52 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 03:45:05PM +0100, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Oh no it won't be bitching , just more of how it can get wires crossed .

The only crossed wires were in your head. You never responded to
the crucial question of, essentially, "is this right?" which has
been asked to you a number of times over the last few months by a
number of different people, including some of the people you drafted
in from outside for whatever reason.

> like when asking some questions and they don't get replied.

Not replied to by you, yes.

> then I get a different person asking are you happy with the proposed
> set up which has been answered few months ago to a different person.
> the set up is all done

Which you never bothered to confirm; a normal person when confronted
by a question like "is this right?" when they are under the
impression that it is, would perhaps say "yes, I thought I said so
earlier", not completely ignore it and go off asking other people
why nothing is happening.

> My feeling that the person I orginaly replied to can be away or busy
> when I ask the question again ( on serperatle email as it not got
> answered) another person email me with a question which has been
> answered to by a different person.

You have always been told to only talk to admin@???. Every
mail you have been sent regarding the setup of your services had
reply-to set.

> I am quite happy to sort it out online on gaim or irc this is 5th
> time I am asking where is my user name and password to set it all
> up

5th time you ignored the relevant question. But since all this got
settled yesterday I am at a loss as to why you are still bitching
about it, on Hampshire LUG of all places, when you could be spending
the time on something actually constructive.

Andy