Re: [Hampshire] Deaf Lug its problems

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Deaf Lug its problems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x582b6100.hantslug.org.uk.15581': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Apr 24 20:08:19 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 07:38:11PM +0100, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> On 24/04/07, Andy Smith <andy@???> wrote:
> >INTERACTING WITH LUG.ORG.UK ADMINS HOWTO
> >
> >VERSION 0.1
> >
> >1. Articulate your needs in email to admin@???
>
> Which i did do and if your reply to is different then how am i responding
> to?
> when my email responded i click on reply.

I fail to parse the above.

> >2. Respond to questions when they are asked.
>
> To which i have done!!!

The rest of us don't seem to be of the same opinion. There is no
value in dragging out the details here, because it's essentially "he
said, she said".

> >Specifically DO NOT:
> >
> >- fail to answer any question and simply repeatedly ask for login
> > details
>
> Below was writen by phil sent in January
> "
> so if you can send over a PGP
> key for me to send you the login details encrypted that will be great.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil"
>
> they were the ones i wanted answereing i have sent phil my encripted
> email hence why i was asking login details

You have conveniently failed to miss out the whole rest of the
email where he asked you if what he had done was right. Which you
know as we have been over this already countless times in off-list
email. So why are you continuing to do it on here?

> >- contact people personally to complain about how slow the process
> > is, including people completely unrelated to the matter at hand
>
> To which i have done

This bit is in the "do not do" part of the HOWTO, btw. I had
thought that was clear.

> >- leave comments on the personal blogs of various other people
> > again complaining at how no one is doing anything
>
> came across your by accident.
> they devil in me thinking well if they are not answering there i will
> write on your blog.

(this also is in the "do not do" section of the HOWTO: those not
wanting to share Fintan's fate, please don't do this!)

> but it worked you replied but asked an old question which was done
> in january by phil but your active in your blog but not in Lug.org
> hell it worked you responded

I guess you consider this totally unnecessary little flamewar
initiated by you as progress then, OK. But you already know that I
personally have given up on you and your LUG since you are
impossible to deal with and it's my spare time. What you are
getting here is just the responses you provoke by publically
throwing your toys out of your pram.

Andy