Re: [Hampshire] ACPI - anyone know details?

Author: David Webb
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ACPI - anyone know details?
I find 'gkrellm' useful for collecting the different sources of system data.
It collects the ACPI data from /proc, uses 'lm_sensors' to detect and collect
data from chips on the different motherboard buses and 'hddtemp' for the
SMART hard disk temperatures. Some information on the ACPI data is in
chapter 12 of the pdf manual at "http://www.acpi.info/spec.htm".

David.

p.s. My /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM temperature is always 40C but I have not
worked out why. It could be a bios or linux kernel error. It could also be
a trip temperature for the bios fan controller.