Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Blitz The Wiki" Day!
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:32:55AM +0100, Daniel Pope wrote:
>> I found MoinMoin to be a bit of a nuisance to set up. Do we have root access on
>> lug.org.uk to install MoinMoin? I've set it up on my box without root access so
>> that I know how that's done if need be, but root access means much less
>> pointling to make the CGI script find the MoinMoin packages.
>
> "We" don't have root access on lug.org.uk, but then the wiki is currently
> hosted on the LUG's own server, hantslug.org.uk. I had assumed this would be
> set up on a $test_server somewhere but if necessary we can discuss details of
> what's needed for MoinMoin to run on the LUG box.

I see. I suspected it was on their box because of the hants.lug.org.uk domain.

It's set up on my desktop box at the moment, and I'll transfer it to my
webserver when I've got the migration script working more fully. However, I am
conscious of the fact that it ought to be able to run on the HantsLUG server
eventually.

>> I assume that since you didn't send me the 'keep' tree we don't mind too much
>> about the revision history?
>
> You only asked for the pages. I can send the keep tree too if you want.

It would not be very hard for me to generate old revisions and commit them in
sequence, but I don't know what value users place on the revision history.

Dan