Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing
Hi,

On Sat, May 26 at 11:07, Peter Salisbury wrote:
> I have ground to a halt trying to build the nvidia driver for the new
> 2.6.21 kernel. What I usually do first is go into the linux-headers
> directory and run

Why are you doing this in a linux-headers directory and not the kernel
source directory ? I guess debian does something strange with the
source tree and build structure.

On gentoo the linux-headers package just provides files for
/usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm no Makefiles or scripts
what-so-ever.

Other kernel build command useful if you think you've got a corrupt
tree is "make mrproper" just make sure you've backed up your .config
first.

--
        Bob Dunlop