Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?
Victor Churchill wrote:

---8<---

> Thanks in advance for any comments!

Good idea: if you're interested in weighing up the options I considered
one of these for a similar purpose:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002ZDQLI/ref=nosim/kaufenundbe00-21

[also: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/]

They seem to need more effort set up, so if ease of use beats price then
you're probably better off with your first choice.

In the end I plumped for a new micro-ATX case to house my daughter's old
Shuttle mobo and Athlon XP2400+. I saved about 50 quid on the bundle
price (above), but it chucks out far too much heat for 24x7 operation
and my downstairs loo is now like a sauna! On top of that she snaffled
the nice new case too - doh! I should have flogged the mobo, cpu and
1Gb RAM and put the proceeds towards a new Slug!

Sean