[Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] IPCop replacement ... comments?
Trying to tidy up and make space in my den, I am thinking of retiring
my old Dell Optiplex (P133MHz, 32 MB) which has given me sterling
service as an IPCop firewall for just about half a million hours 24/7.

Googling around I was tempted by this little number which seems to do
the business and includes a networked HDD as well, and gets a glowing
review ...

http://www.aria.co.uk/VendorStores/+Freecom+400Gb+FSG-3+WLAN+System?productId=24198#rqc

My home setup is

------
Virgin
Broadband
Cable
------
| coax

------
Virgin
Cable
Modem
------
| Ethernet

------
IPCop
------

------
Hub
------
|\\\ ethernet to PCs

-----
Wireless
AP
-------
\ to laptops

Therefore looking to replace the IPCop, hub and wireless AP with the
Freecom box.
Wondered if anybody had any experience of this item in such an arrangement?

Thanks in advance for any comments!