Re: [Hampshire] Debian Slug

Author: sean
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Slug

> I haven't followed the trail of the Slug, but this post prompted me to look into USB caddies, as I had  120Gb lying around in an old, dead XP box.

Yeah, the only good XP box is a dead XP! (not strictly true but ist sounds good!)

> The Dynamode product seemed to be highly regarded by most, so I ordered one which duly arrived about 15 minutes ago. I assembled it and plugged it in to my Ubuntu notebook and..... it was detected immediately and works perfectly!

> Thanks for the tip!

Happy to oblige. The NSLU2 had some quite good functionality out of the box, but not nearly so much as it does now that it is running Debian 4! Depends on what you are after I guess... no point in risking a bricking if all you need is NAS eh?

Sean