[Hampshire] Software Freedom Day - Sat 15th '07 - Hantslug …

Author: Dave Walker
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Software Freedom Day - Sat 15th '07 - Hantslug Team?
Hi,

I'm thinking we could organise a HantsLUG Team for 'Software Freedom
Day'[0].

For information on what this is: http://softwarefreedomday.org/about

I know others in the Lug have attended these events before, but if there
is enough interest I think we could organise our own event. This could
be something like handing out FOSS cd's (Ubuntu 'The Open CD'[1]) and
really just adverting/advocating FOSS in general.

Initially I would like to get an indication of who is interested, so
either reply here; or off-list if you are shy :)

If there is sufficient interest I will register a team before the end of
this month, meaning we get free T-shirts[2]. We are not guaranteed a
t-shirt for everybody (but hopefully will), but I think it's fair if
these are awarded on a first to commit basis. So act now! ;)

[0] http://softwarefreedomday.org/
[1] http://www.theopencd.org/
[2] http://softwarefreedomday.org/T-shirts

Kind Regards,