[Hampshire] Box repair question

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Box repair question

I have a small shuttle like mini ATX box. To aid with keeping the box cool it
has a cylindrical fan on the rear of the box. Unfortunately this fan has a
habit of ceasing up mainly because it a bush mount in a rubber grommet and
the motor bush at the other end as opposed to mounting the fan in bearing.
These bushes get filled with grime and in the end the resistance to turn the
cylinder is to great for the little motor and the box tempeture rises.

This has happen around 3 time now (over 24 months) and I have fortunately been
around when it has happened. The repair is simple, remove the fan from box (a
dozen small screws) disassemble fan, clean, reassemble, 30 minutes tops. As
this is a design fault there no chance pursuing a new fan, so I was thinking
about purchasing 2 or 3 little 25mm round fans and mounting them on the rear
panel. Now I am not to sure if a) there is sufficent power to run three fans
or how to wire them up? Any thoughts or suggestions? (apart from buy a new
box).

Tim

GET FREE 5GB EMAIL - Check out spam free email with many cool features!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!