Re: [Hampshire] Software Freedom Day - Sat 15th '07 - Hantsl…

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Software Freedom Day - Sat 15th '07 - Hantslug Team?
Dave Walker wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:21 +0100, alan c wrote:
>> Dave Walker wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm thinking we could organise a HantsLUG Team for 'Software Freedom
>> > Day'[0].
>> >
>> > For information on what this is: http://softwarefreedomday.org/about
>> >
> <SNIP>
>>
>> FYI
>> I am active in sfd for bracknell and have registered a small team as
>> bracknell-infopoint.
>> Obviously bracknell is just outside north hampshire, but please
>> contact me if anyone would like to join in?
>>
>> http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/uk/ubuntu-uk/bracknell
>>
>> --
>> alan cocks
>> Kubuntu user#10391
>>

> Hi Alan,
>
> Seems like you are one step ahead here. Looks like a good location, so
> I think I'll commit to 'bracknell' as it's commutable from my location.
>
> Other than what's listed on the wiki, are there any more detailed plans?

Hey great! (and Alan too?)

The detailed plans: at this stage there is huge flexibility, according
to taste, let me know? If we comprise a group of serious minds it can
be a restrained affair. Leaflets, smiles, whatever seems good.

If we let a little fun leak out, we can, say, walk in a line around
the flowers or water feature, or whatever, in a special way (amusingly
eye catching 'Ubuntu Walk' note1), maybe with voice accompaniment,
then stop and hand out leaflets to the interested and amused crowd?

If you want to be more restrained thats cool too. More ideas - please
just shout?

I have a dream about a 'tux' suit but have not yet located one. My
better half says I would be disowned if I wore one in town, so if I
did I would need to have a disguise, and probably have to sleep in the
garden shed.

Note 1:
Ubuntu Walk - yet to be choreographed, but with say three or more
people, walking in a line, with pre arranged similar simple but
slightly unusual leg or body movements, in step, and obviously being
done for fun.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391