Re: [Hampshire] Find thrashing my box - is there anything I …

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Find thrashing my box - is there anything I can do other than press "reset"?
On Thursday 26 Jul 2007 15:55, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:51:45 +0100, hugo@??? said:
> > Just to check the latter, what are the addresses and netmasks of
> > the two machines in question?
>
> To make this even easier, what is the output of 'ip route' run on each
> machine?

[lisi@Tux:~]$ ip route
192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.2
default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0

[lisi@dunhurst:~]$ ip route
192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.31
default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0

(Sorry, Hugo. I usually set my machines up with static IP and the static IP
for that machine is 192.168.0.4* - but I did the Etch install I am trying to
ssh to in a hurry and on a spare partition and obviously just allowed the
installer to use DHCP if it wanted. :-( )

I think we are still back to firewalls, are we not?

Thanks all
Lisi
*(I'm weird - I find it easier to remember my computer's IP addresses than
their names - which is why a given IP "belongs" to a given machine.)