Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...
On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:27:19PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> However, I cannot see the point of a presentation that cannot be read by
> one or more of the audience. The "corporate template" and "existing
> presentation" are invalid arguments in that it is usually trivial to
> change the colours used on a template. Are you really arguing that it is
> better to use an existing, high-quality, possibly perfect, presentation
> that can't be read rather than the same presentation in black on white?

No, I'm saying that if a speaker doesn't want to use the provided template
then we can't make them. We might request they do so in the future, but the
only other option is to stop them giving the talk altogether. Most of our
speakers are from the small number of LUG members who offer talks but if we
want to attract more external speakers then they may well have a corporate
style they are told to use by their company.

Some presentations are complex with graphics and animations which aren't
trivial to alter. I'm not trying to exclude people from being in the audience
and that we should encourage accessibility to all. I'm just not sure how we
can /force/ accessibility.

Tony