[Hampshire] OT: co-location

Author: Tom Sykes
To: Bristol and Bath Linux User Group, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] OT: co-location
Hi everyone,

I know this one comes up fairly often, but I've got a couple of
co-location questions.

I've been with BlackCat Networks for 2 years now, and they've been
excellent (despite the price increase last year). As some of you
presumably know, they've sold up and are moving operations to RapidSwitch.

I'm finding dealing with RapidSwitch tiresome already, and their service
offering for my needs is hideously overpriced. Does anyone have any
experience with RapidSwitch and or their sister company 49pence (their
low cost offering)? What other co-lo providers can be recommended?

Finally, can anyone suggest where I might be able to find a new 1U
server. I'm not looking for anything fancy, as it's only going to be
hosting web/mail for a relatively small number of domains, but
obviously, reliability is a must.

Cheers,
Tom