Re: [Hampshire] Apache errors

Top Page
Author: David Ramsden
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Apache errors

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5761d100.hantslug.org.uk.32428': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 3 19:50:49 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B15F69BD3454B217
Hugo Mills wrote:
[snip]

>    We have another issue, which may be related, which is that some
> large SQL queries made from the mod_perl code cause errors like:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL client ran out of memory at /path/to/some/source/file.pm line 1729

[snip]

>    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to investigate the
> Apache/mod_perl system so that I can work out what's going wrong?  Any
> tweaks I can make, analysis I can run, daft ideas for what might be
> the cause...

I'm not sure if this will be any use/help to you but would something
like memcached[1] help? It might mean you need more hardware though...

[1] http://www.danga.com/memcached/

Regards,
David.
--