[Hampshire] Is it dead or just pretending?

Author: Lists
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Is it dead or just pretending?
Hello,

I have a machine which refuses to power up.

It was working fine until I tried to upgrade the memory. I replaced
2x512Meg with 2x1Gig. The machine started up, but nothing appeared
on the screen. No bleeps from POST either.

I removed one of the memory sticks and it started up showing 1GB of
memory. I then added one of the original 512Meg. Again nothing on
the screen.

OK, I thought, lets put back the other 512 to get to where I
started.

The machine would not even start. Nothing! I have replaced the power
unit - no dice.

Before I bin the machine as a dead motherboard, can anyone suggest
what I can try to resurrect it?

--
Best regards,
 David                          mailto:lists@pern.co.uk