[Hampshire] Cups problem.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Cups problem.
I have a problem I have unable to solve.

I have a printer on a server running ClarkConnect. My Desktop box and
new laptop print from it okay but my old laptop does not. This is
after I have installed Xubuntu 6.06. It did work previously with
Ubuntu 6.06.

I have setup Xubuntu using the Cups web interface but when I try to
print the printer runs but only prints the following:-

-12345X@PLJ ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL3
17H10M ....... more here

Googleing tells me that PJL is Printer Job Language and PCL3 is a
ghostscript output module for printers understanding Hewlett-Packard's
Printer Command Language. When the printer is connected directly to
the parallel port of the laptop it works perfectly.

Any pointers please.
--
Clive Woodfine