Re: [Hampshire] Use of 4 Gb USB data stick for backup

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Use of 4 Gb USB data stick for backup
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 18:53:12 +0100 (+0100), David Ramsden wrote:
[snip]
> I'd echo that. If it's really critical data, backing up to one single
> device isn't a good backup strategy. A worse case scenario is the USB
> stick is in the machine, something goes pop and the HDD(s) go bang as
> does the USB stick. Maybe that's not very likely but it's not impossible.

I've certainly had to reformat usb disks in the past. You could use a
usb attached hard disk. I know flash is solid-state and thus more
reliable, I just trust hard disks more ATM :-) I paid about 50 for
120GB and 15 for the case for mine IIRC. 2.5" rather than 3.5".

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux - the maintainable distribution -*- www.debian.org