Re: [Hampshire] Use of 4 Gb USB data stick for backup

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Use of 4 Gb USB data stick for backup
On Tuesday 28 August 2007 12:29:08 David Webb wrote:
> I am considering using a 4 Gb usb data stick for regular (daily?) backups
> of critical data (instead of burning DVDs at longer intervals). I
> understand there may be a power issue when so much memory is involved.

You do realise that you can get 8GB flash sticks these days?
Might be useful depending on how much data you have.

One possibility I'm currently looking into is using Bluetooth to
backup to my phone when it comes into range. It's got a 2GB
MicroSD card, and automatically goes offsite if I leave the house.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???