Re: [Hampshire] VM

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VM

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-246371-highlight-ntfs vmware.html

> It may be possible if
> your hardware is very close to that offered within the virtual environment,
> but I've never seen this work. You will almost certainly need to create a
> dedicated Windows installation for use within your virtualised environment.
> Additionally, using USB periperhals with virtualisation software can be
> difficult, which might cause problems with your scanner, printer and other
> hardware.

In VMWare server, you simply attach the USB device to the hosted
environment by selecting it from a menu. Easy (it works with USB
dongles for licensed software at any rate).

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???