Re: [Hampshire] Meeting reminder: Surrey/Hants BaB meeting, …

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting reminder: Surrey/Hants BaB meeting, Sat 8th September
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:34:34 +0100, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > We will be holding the next Surrey LUG Bring-a-Box meeting at the
> > University of Surrey in Guildford, next weekend on Saturday 8th
> > September. Doors open from 11am until around 5pm.
> >
> > The campus is a short walk from the main Guildford train station
> > and is just off the A3 if you're coming by car. Full details are
> > available on the wiki, including maps and detailed travel
> > information to the University campus:
> > http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox
>
> If arriving by train, and it's sunny (which it probably will be)
> what's the best walking route to the meeting? Alternativly which
> bus is best to catch?

The station isn't very far if you're walking. You can come out of the
platform 8 side over the bridge, then turn right. Turn right once you
reach the church, which goes back on itself.

Keep following the road through and up until you get to the car park
and lake area, then just walk through the road past the security
barriers into the centre of the uni - you should see some LUG signs
after that. It should only take 15 mins or so.

Else, catch the 3, 27, 37 all from the same platform 8 side of the
station on the opposite side of the road. These will take you straight
to the Austin Pearce building, with the large area in front and the
statue of Alan Turing. Signs should be up for the LUG from there as
it's next to the main car park.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???