Re: [Hampshire] KQEMU bridge for multiple VM's performance p…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] KQEMU bridge for multiple VM's performance problem (SOLVED)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] KQEMU bridge for multiple VM's performance problem

Tidier:)

> Damian Brasher wrote:
>
>>The other issue when I have one or more VM's running is slow network
>>speed and erratic latency, lost packets on commence of ping from another
>>host on the LAN, i.e. my laptop or another machine and from the host
>>itself where the ping responses are slightly better but I still loose
>>packets.

Update to this, the latency is due to mac address conflicts as QEMU used
he same mac for each VM if one is not defined.

>>Has anyone a similar setup and managed to bind tap$ with a predefined mac
>>and have the bridge work and also has good quality bridge speed /
>>network preformance?

The real problem is that bridging does not work when you define a unique
mac address, but does when you omit a mac address...

--
Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk