Re: [Hampshire] Spamassassin shortcircuiting

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spamassassin shortcircuiting
> However, do these offer the same level of usability?

The milter API is very rich. You can do pretty much what you want. If
no-one has written the milter you need - libmilter or Mail::Milter are
very easy to use...

> For example, being
> able to ues 'MailWatch' with mailscanner is very handy for tracking what
> goes through the box, plus the high level of configurability that MS
> offers.

Well, I wouldn't know; I use "grep -c" to find statistics :-)

> I understand that any perl based app. probably wont be as fast anyhow :)

perl is plenty fast enough. SpamAssassin does most of the work for any of
these systems - and that's written in perl.

Vic.