Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Networking Attached Storage [was Produc…

Author: Jonathan Hudson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Networking Attached Storage [was Product recommendation]
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:15:04 +0100
"Rob Malpass" <rob@???> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Thanks to those who replied to my earlier post. I think I've found what I need...
>
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ngr-sc101t&P=0

The best comment I found about this device was:

"I picked-up an SC101 about a year ago. The short version, is that
purchasing one of these disasters is the retail equivalent of getting
mugged in Central Park by a hooker who promised to do all the things
your wife or girlfriend sneer at while calling you a pervert."

You probably don't want one. It is not a NAS, it is a SAN (it does
block level I/O, not file level).

-jonathan