Re: [Hampshire] Greetings!

Top Page
Author: Jon Fautley
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Greetings!

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57064100.hantslug.org.uk.14031': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 3 09:09:53 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 9111B5743CA26D44
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:25:21 +0100
Charlie de Courcy <Charles.De-Courcy@???> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> Just thought I'd introduce myself. Found you by following random
> tangents from the Ubuntu Gutsy launch page! I'm from Farnborough and
> work just down the road at Sun Microsystems as an engineer in their
> 'Professional Services' dept.

Cool! Nice to see another member of the North Hants Tech Massif (as
I've decided to name anyone that works for a tech company in north
Hampshire) switching to Linux :)

> I recently made the switch from fedora to Ubuntu on both my home box
> and laptop, and have enjoyed the transition thus far. Have been using
> linux for a year or two, but am only just starting to explore it
> properly! It's good to leave windoze behind in the dust :)

I'm not so sure that I like the way you've switched... ;)

> Looking forward to meeting a few of you, will probably pop along to
> your next Aldershot hosted evening!

You might want to pop along to the Surrey LUG meets normally held at
Surrey University in Guildford (http://surrey.lug.org.uk/).

*hopefully* we'll be able to start having meetings back at the new RH
offices in Farnborough soon... but there's a couple of things that
might have put a spanner in the works there... :(

Welcome to the list!

/j
--
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCX <jfautley@???> direct: +44 1252 362815
Technical Account Manager                    office: +44 1252 362700