Re: [Hampshire] Search domains in resolv.conf

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Search domains in resolv.conf

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e5b100.hantslug.org.uk.4291': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 3 17:26:23 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Charlie,

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 05:05:29PM +0100, Charlie de Courcy wrote:
> This works fine for a single session by adding 'search blah.com' into
> the top line of /etc/resolv.conf or via the networkmanager gui; however
> as soon as I restart, it overwrites the information and I lose my search
> domain.

In the dhclient.conf file you can specify some local domains to be
added on to the end of the "search" line every time. "man
dhclient.conf" look at "append".

Others take to making the /etc/resolv.conf immutable (chattr +i) so
that it can never be overwritten.

Cheers,
Andy