Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras
Paul,
If you are at the meeting on Sat, come and have a chat about which
Nikon DSLR might be suitable.
Generally, Pro DSLR's use CF cards. You can buy a 4GB CF Card from
7DayShop.com for 17.99 (no VAT) so now the costs are pretty small.
I have a D100 Body that I want to sell. It needs a service so it is
going to be cheap. I also have the MB-100 Battery grip which I'll throw
in for free and 2 or 3 batteries. There is only one thing wrong with it
which I'll show you if you are interested. I could even be persuaded to
include a few(3-4) smallish(512Mb) CF Cards it you want. I don't really
use them now. I only use 2 or 4Gb Sandisk Extreme III or IV cards.
I'll try to remember to bring it on Sat. If you want to bring a few
lenses you can try it out. I have used it for 4 years (until I got a
D200 a few months ago) and found it to be a very good camera. It WILL
have more compatibility with your older lenses than a D40/D50 would ever
have. I have used it with old Manual Lenses with ease.
I also have a D70 Body and a 105mm Macro (AF F4) for sale. All in
perfect working order in anyone is interested. The D70 is pretty
redundant now that I have a D2X.

Stephen D