Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Digital cameras
Paul Tansom wrote:
> I guess it isn't too much of a hassle to use CF, and I do have multi
> format card readers. I keep meaning to play with a CF to IDE adapter for
> a Linux install.

If you ever find a *reverse* CF to anything adapter please let me know!

For 'studio' use I am looking for something to eliminate the CF card
allowing 'direct' download to a laptop or micro-PC. My objective is
to be able to take pictures and edit/print at the same time
without spending insane amounts of cash.

I discussed this with Desmond at surrey lug and he suggested lookin into
a CF->IDE->Iscsi adaptor - allowing the camera o plug direct into a
edit/print network.

Jacqui

p.s. A couple of folks take pictures at dog shows and edit/print at
the show (for charity). The problem this year was a big queue of people
walking off because we were not turning the snap/edit/print cycle
around fast enough.

Having two or three machines, a couple of printers and being able
to snap without stopping would be a godsend!