Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Projector

Author: James Ogden
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Projector
On 09/10/2007, Peter Brooks <peter@???> wrote:
> Hello everyone, hope someone can help me here.
>
> As part of the gaming association here at Keele University we run
> console nights, of which we use hdtv's,tvs and a projector to play
> lots of games.
> Anyway the projector we have been borrowing has had the owner request
> 20 quid per 3 hour session to cover replacement bulbs, this I can
> understand given the cost of replacement bulbs.
>
> Hence we're looking into buying our own projector that will suit our
> needs, we don't need a brilliant projector as we use a wall for the
> screen. Just something that projects from game consoles (ie phono's)
> and has cheap replacement bulbs or even has a bulb lifetime of about
> 20 weeks of our usage, ie 60hours.

I bought a projector for use at church which has a bulb MBTF of 2000 hours
without even trying. Bulbs are expensive (about £300) in this case but
really you should find that almost any projector will do the job. (Indeed
avpartsmaster.net seems to have a £200 projector with an MBTF of 2k hours
although it's only 800x600)

James